ED-MEDIA – World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications is an international conference, organized by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
This annual conference serves as a multi-disciplinary forum for the discussion and exchange of information on the research, development, and applications on all topics related to multimedia, hypermedia and telecommunications/distance education.
I am very glad to announce the 1st Workshop on Web2.0 approaches, tools and technologies to support research on Technology Enhanced Learning (TELSci2.0) at the 4th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL09), Nice, France, September 29 – October 2, 2009
This workshop aims to bring together all those who want to turn a vision of the e-scholar and e-scientist of the 21st Century into reality in our own domain of TEL.
The core of significant development in a „2.0 world“ is
- leveraging web2.0 technologies (that rely on the „social graph“) for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of how we conduct science;
- the capacity to share and reuse data, and to benchmark scientific activity in the international community.
Key questions for this workshop include:
- How do we mesh social web2.0 technologies with the scientific workflow?
- How do we share the data of our activity wider in our community?
- How do we visualize that data and how do we provide researchers with powerful new frameworks for their scientific endeavor?
As Sandra has already mentioned we are happy to announce that also a „best paper award“ will take place within our special track on „MahsUps for Learning“ at this year ICL conference.
Furhtermore Sandra did an amazing work and enhanced her slides on slideshare by audio. Hear and see here the slidecast of the call:
Sandra and I are organising a special track “Mashups for Learning” (MASHL2009) which will take place within the “International Conference on Interactive Computer Aided Learning” (ICL) in Villach, Austria.
Here a short introduction:
Here you will find detailed informations as well as the full call for papers.