Ich bin eingeladen worden für die GMW Tagung 2022 (12.-9-14.9.22) ins Programmkomitee zu kommen. Dem bin ich natürlich gerne gefolgt. Jetzt gibt es den Call for Papers:
Mit dem vorliegenden Aufruf laden wir Wissenschaftlerinnen und Praktikerinnen aller Fachdisziplinen dazu ein, Beiträge zu folgenden Themenbereichen vorzuschlagen:
- Personalisierte Lehrkonzepte, Adaptives Lernen
- Didaktische Modellierung und Wissensmodellierung
- Digital Assessment
- Learning Analytics, Academic Analytics und Educational Data Mining
- Inklusive und barrierefreie Bildungstechnologien
- Denkweisen der Informatik, Computational Thinking
- Reality: Virtual, Augmented und Mixed
- Open Educational Resources und Practices
- MOOCs und deren Intergration in die Hochschullehre
- Quality Online-Learning und Learning Experience Design
- Hochschulkultur und Organisationsentwicklung im Kontext der Digitalisierung
- Theoretische Beiträge zur Bildung in der Kultur der Digitalität
- Datenschutz, Datenethik, Datensouveränität
Den ganzen Call findet man hier. Wichtig ist auch die Deadline für die Einreichung: 31.3.2022 (für Beiträge, alle anderen sind dann hier gelistet)
I would like to invite you to a Special Issue about „Innovative Technologies in Education“.
In the current situation of a worldwide pandemic, the use of digital technologies in education is not only a hot topic but simply a necessity. Due to the lockdown of schools and universities over an extended period of time, teachers had no alternative other than to use such technologies. On the one hand, we were able to see how education can work even in such a situation. On the other hand, we also witnessed the lack in skills needed to deliver high quality digital lectures.
Under these circumstances, we are today living in a world where teaching and learning are strongly influenced by technologies. For tomorrow, digital education can no longer be neglected. We must build upon these new circumstances to improve education as much as possible.
For this Special Issue, we are seeking contributions addressing the following research questions, but the list is by no means exhaustive:
– What is the influence of digital technologies on education?
– What are the future trends of innovative technologies in education?
– What are examples of how innovative technologies can be used in education?
– How can digital technologies contribute to high quality education?
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2022.
Find here further details [Special Issue CallForPaper]
There is a new book project we would like to invite interested authors named „Learning with Technologies in Learning“
In six sections (see sections’ calls for chapters), this edited volume aims to contribute to the discussion about how to agree upon standards to design and organize learning with technologies, how to streamline future developments using online delivery, multimedia content as well as machine learning in educational settings in higher education and respective institutions, and how to put respective measures for quality assurance and validation processes into practice. This work will present a rich resource for contemporary and future design considerations in technology supported higher education.
We plan to publish this book in the first half of 2022 in Springer publishing house (Cham). At this point, we are in negotiations about the book with the publisher and expect a final decision by and contract signing with Springer by mid-April. Nevertheless, not to lose time, we start our work already now and invite you to participate with your valued knowledge and experience by submitting an abstract:
– Call for Paper publication: March 31, 2021
– Chapter manuscript proposals due (2-page abstract): April 30, 2021
– Feedback and manuscript invitation (pending publisher decision): May 15, 2021
– Full chapter manuscripts due: September 15, 2021
– Notification of reviewers’ feedback: October 15, 2021
– Final chapter manuscript submission: October 29, 2021
– Notification of final decision: November 15, 2021
– Expected publication date: First half 2022
Find here the final call for contributions:
[Call for book chapter proposals]
We are happy to announce that the OpenCast Summit 2021 will be take place between 6th and 9th April 2021 completly online and we are part of the organisation of the even.
The websit now is online and the Call for Proposals is open till 22nd of February
[Call for Proposals 2021]
I am very happy that 7th EMOOCs conference will be held in Potsdam next year – in June 2021. Together with Anja Lorenz I will chair the exeperience track and if possible I would love to see you on site.
Now the Call for Papers is online and we invite you to participate:
The Experience Track sessions will provide participants with the opportunity to debate and learn more about the role, current trends and future directions that MOOCs are taking to continue their online learning delivery in Higher Education. The track will bring together diverse stakeholders to discuss four important areas around MOOCs. First, by discussing best practices in MOOC production processes, quality assurance, with emphasis on sustainable models that address the issue of certification and credentialing. A second focus is on the incorporation of pedagogy and MOOC design elements that can bring rich learning experiences, as well as new innovative teaching and learning models that can match the expectations of the stakeholders. Third, we also invite contributions that reimagine and bring new affordances to the role of technology in MOOCs, such as the development or use of new virtual learning environments and social spaces, interactive and interoperable learning objects, immersive and wearable technologies, or techniques such as a gamification, and how all of these impact student engagement and learning outcomes. Last, the multiple roles of analytics within the MOOC ecosystem, for example to systematically optimize production or measure quality, to quantify the effectiveness of different learning designs and models in terms of learners’ engagement and outcomes, or to be included as part of new technological analytics products such as dashboards, adaptation or recommendation engines.
Find the final call right here at the conference website:
Deadline for your contribution is 15th February 2021.
We are very happy, that we can announce a Call for Papers for a Special Issue on „Computational Thinking“ for the open access journal „future internet„. Of course we would love, if you find some time to make a contribution.
Most important: Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2020
I made a website for further informations [Link] or you find it also at the journal’s homepage. In any case do not hesitate to contact us for any question.
Am 17. und 18. September 2020 findet an der Pädagogischen Hochschule Steiermark der 1. Grazer Berufsbildungskongress statt und dafür gibt es jetzt einen Call for Paper unter anderem zu folgenden Fragestellungen:
- Welche Lehr-/Lernszenarien sind geeignet, um Kollaboration, Kritisches Denken, Kommunikation und Kreativität bei Schülerinnen und Schülern zu induzieren? Wie lassen sich diese rahmen und mit etablierten pädagogischen Theorien verbinden? Können die Lernergebnisse messbar gemacht werden?
- Wie sollen digitale Lernumgebungen gestaltet werden, damit Schülerinnen und Schüler jene Kompetenzen entwickeln, die für zukünftige Arbeitswelten erfolgsversprechend sind?
- Werden die Curricula der berufsbildenden Schulen den Anforderungen zukünftiger Arbeitsumgebungen gerecht?
- Welche curricularen und organisatorischen Formen der Lehrinnen- und Lehrerausbildung sind der Berufsbildung förderlich, um Schülerinnen und Schüler für die zukünftige Arbeitswelt bestmöglich auszubilden?
- Wie manifestiert sich digitale Transformation im Kontext beruflicher, hochschulischer Lehrerinnen- und Lehrerbildung?
- Welche speziellen hochschuldidaktischen Maßnahmen fördern die 4Ks von angehenden Lehrerinnen und Lehrern der beruflichen Bildung?
- Welche Bedeutung haben der Erfahrungshintergrund und die Persönlichkeitskonstellation von (zukünftigen) Lehrerinnen und Lehrern der beruflichen Bildung für die Gestaltung von Lehr- und Lernumgebungen?
[Link zum Call for Paper / Einreichschluss Abstract 6.1.2020]
We would like to call for you contribution to a call for „Positioning Artificial Intelligence in Education –Evidence and Reflections„. We would like to do a special issue for the International Journal of Learning Analytics and Artificial Intelligence for Education (iJAI).
Due to recent technological advancements, artificial intelligence (AI) has received increased attention and has been adopted to many sectors and fields, thus, producing a profound impact. Given the rapid advancement of AI, it is expected that AI will continue to develop, integrate deeper and in many different sectors. Although the application of AI in the educational sector has been the subject of research for more than 30 years, a renewed and enforced interest in AI in education can be documented through the themes of scientific conferences, workshops and research papers, as well as how the Edtech industry is increasing efforts to integrate AI in educational applications. Indeed, this development is not unexpected considering that AI is associated with potentials of more personalized, adaptive and inclusive learning, and with empowered teachers and advanced learning environments. This Special Issue aims at highlighting contemporary research that covers AI in education. We are looking forward to receive both theoretical and empirical papers that provide readers with a better understanding of the theoretical discussions that are currently taking place, the empirical studies that are conducted, and the AI applications and systems that are developed
Submission of full paper: December 10, 2019
Find here the „Call for Paper“ with all details.
I am very proud to announce a rather new journal – called „International Journal of Learning Analytics and Artificial Intelligence for Education (iJAI)„. I will assist the Journal as Deputy Editor:
The newly launched International Journal of Learning Analytics and Artificial Intelligence for Education (www.i-jai.org) aims to increase knowledge and understanding of ways in which learning analytics (LA) and artificial intelligence (AI) can support and enhance education. As such the journal aims to connect researchers and other stakeholders that share a common interest in understanding learning and teaching and improving learning and teaching with the support of LA and AI. Thus the journal aims to bridge the gap between pure academic research journals and more practical publications.
We are asking for contributions in following areas:
- Analysing Learner’s Activity, Engagement, and Motivation
- Modeling Learning and Teaching in Different Environments (online, blended and physical environments)
- Evaluation and Development of Teaching Practices and Learning Designs
- Application of Machine Learning, Educational Data Mining, and Predictive Analytics
- Social Network Analysis and Network Modelling Tools
- Supporting and Developing Assessment and Feedback Practices
- Supporting Personalised and Adaptive Learning
- Analyzing and Improvement of Learning Organisations based on Data
- Development of new Methods and Theories
- AI applications in the educational domain
If you are interested please visit the Journal’s Homepage and send us your latest research 🙂
Die „13th European Conference on Games Based Learning (ECGBL)“ findet heuer in Odense, Denmark statt und ich darf hier auf einen Mini-Track zu Gender Sensitive GBL hinweisen. Abstract ist bis zum 14.3.2019 einzureichen
[Call for the MiniTrack]